Zordan wins GP di Poggiana
|Zordan dedicated his win to his girlfriend Jessica, who is pregnant with their son and due in September|
Androni signing Andrea Zordan continued his red-hot season by gaining his 8th victory of the year in a small group sprint over good friend and rival Davide Villella (Colpack) and Trevigiani's Daniele Dall'Oste. The Italian U23 champion was apart of a group of fourteen, including four Zalf-Euromobil teammates, that separated from the peloton on the final ascent of the Mostacin climb before the final run-in to Riese Pio X. With 400 meters to go, Zordan launched his sprint and for the 5th time this season, the Venetian Zordan relegated Villella to 2nd place. Zordan starts his stagiaire role with Androni next week with the Trittico Lombardo while Villella joins Cannondale for USA Pro Challenge.
- Andrea Zordan (Zalf-Euromobil)
- Davide Villella (Colpack)
- Daniele Dall'Oste (Trevigiani)
- Luka Pibernik (Radenska)
- Simone Andreetta (Zalf-Euromobil)
- Maxat Ayazbayev (Astana CT)
- Bakhtiyar Kozhatayev (Astana CT)
- Roberto Giacobazzi (General Store)
- Stefano Nardelli (Tecmor)
- Davide Formolo (Petroli Firenze)
Other races include...
- Sebastian Henao, cousin of Sergio Henao of SKY, won the Clasica de Funza stage race in Colombia. Henao, the best young rider from the Vuelta a Colombia, is rumored to be joining his cousin at SKY.
- Jan-Niklas Droste (Heizomat) won the Grosser Silber-Pils over USA U23 National rider Gregory Daniel and Simon Nuber (Edelweiß Roschbach).
- European U23 TT Champion Victor Campenaerts won the Belgian U23 National TT title. The U23 Lotto-Belisol rider beat teammate Frederik Frison by a scant five seconds on the 30 kilometer course and VL Techniks rider Edward Theuns by 26 seconds.
- Report from Monday morning says that Norwegian Vegard Breen (Joker-Merida) will join Lotto-Belisol next year.